NEW YEAR, NEW MOTIVATION, BUT OLD ME




Assalamualaikum,


I hope it’s not too late to wish a happy new year. So, Happy New Year!

It’s really a rare case to see me posting anything on this blog because it has been 3 years since my last piece on this page. Not really sure why I gave up being an occasional writer. Perhaps because I worry too much on what people might think of my write-up. I just cannot stop thinking that whoever read mine will definitely had some judgement on me. If I wrote some piece that doesn’t enlighten their reasoning, I’m afraid that they will see me as some idiotic who writes meaningless piece. If I wrote some piece with a multiple grammatical error, I’m afraid to be seen as someone who still cannot write in English properly. And sometimes, I worried that no one will ever read mine. So much insecurities. These feelings and thoughts had haunted me and held me from sharing my views. It’s 2019 already and I cannot remain the same. Something need to be left in 2018 and not to be dragged into this year. Something that I should do long time ago.

So this is what I will do for this whole year, which is becoming a writer back. Aiming to be more active in writing. From now on, I will write anything that is relevant (or not relevant it’s really up to me. Tehee). I will write one piece per week. Okay maybe that’s too much. But, whatever. I will write whenever I feel like writing. But that doesn’t sound like motivating… okay I will just write. As long as I have one article per month, then that’s good enough. At least.

This is not a ‘new year, new me’ post. I just need to do something meaningful this year. Something that can measure my progress and see what a year can do to me. I don’t want 2019 to be a dull year for me. I hope this will not be a ‘hangat-hangat tahi ayam’ thing (warm-warm chicken's poop). At the same time, I can improve my writing from time to time. Yep maybe this year can be a year of improvement. So if you guys notice any errors or correction, or any improvement I can make, do tell me. It will be helpful.

Nonetheless, I entered this year with an old version of me. Still the same. Nothing changed. But who knows if I made some changes and do differently from last year, at the end of this year I will see some changes. I just need to carry this motivation throughout this year. It’s less than a year into 2020. Something need to change. So I will start with myself.

Last of all, before I end, I hope everyone will do better this year. If last year was your worst year, then make an improvement and do better this year. Do better and do differently. If plan A doesn’t worked last year, then make an alternate plan this year. Don’t give up easily because you are going to fail countless time before you succeed. No matter what happen this year, be patient and trust in Allah (God) plans. If things didn’t worked out, it’s okay because you know you have done your very best. And for that, do better this year.  

Until next post, adios!




Catat Ulasan (0)
Terbaru Lebih lama